1. ATTENTION EXISTING USERS: If this is your first visit to the new forum, you must reset your password. Please go to http://cobrakitcar.net/lost-password to reset your password.

Dismiss Notice

2008 Lone Star Roundup

Discussion in 'Kit Car News, Events, and Press Releases' started by Tugboat, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Brian,

WOW!!! Looks good at this time for me! I have a very sick Mother-in-law and that would be the only reason I couldn't make it.
    If everything id O.K. at that time my wife will be in New York for a trade show so it will be me, my son Logan and the marquarita machine.

Larry

2. If I am finished ( or can make it limp ) Lynn & self will come, I'd follow Larry Anywhere............ If he has The Machine with him !!!!! ( not the Car )
    Wendell

3. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

Brian,

Cool! 8) 8) 8)

This sounds like a winner :!: :!: :!:
    Nancy and I have it on our calendars.

BTW....is trailer parking available all day Saturday :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Thanks Lone Star :!: :!: :!:

Jody & Nancy

4. Bad460

Bad460 Member

Brian,

Sounds great to us. That will be a blast. Count on Paula and I being there.(ANDY AND LAWSON ALSO)
    Tony Jacobs and I will start making plans now!!!!!!!!

David DID FINISH painting my Cobra this week. (5 months at his shop).
    Plan on coming up next week-end, so Andy and I can take my Cobra back to his house in Ft. Worth to start putting it back together. We SHOULD be done in time for LS big 'BLOW-OUT' (I hope)

Brian, thanks for cooking hot dogs and everthing (Jody too) at Round Rock this past week-end. Paula and I had a blast. My shade cover with LSC web-site on it looked good next to yours.

Enjoyed talking to Larry, Jim, and other LS427 owners.
    And had one Hell of a ride with Jody, when we went to go get gas.

Jody, your Cobra really hauls###########

Looking forward to seeing all the LSC owners there.

5. Bwana Snake

Bwana Snake Member

Plan to make the cruise on Sunday the 18th if the car is not at the paint shop. Saturday 17th is not possible at this time.

Gary

6. Lawler

Lawler Active Member

I am afraid to say that I will be there :shock: . Not to happy with the results the last time I said I would make a rally. What the hell, I'll be there. :? :? I'll let you know what breaks this time. :D

Kinton

7. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

For those like me that did not recognize the 3M piece Brian had Jack Roush sign....it is an orginal hood from a 2006 Roush NASCAR.
    Jody

8. Hey guys, All I can say is I am tentative. I will not have a trailer by then so I would have to find one locally. :cry:

9. richc

richc Member

I may be able to be there with car. Maybe .

If I keep wireing this week . I think i can do . I really want to be on the road by then anyway.

I won't have paint , but thats ok .

may be able to house one or two trailers if need be .

Rich

10. piatt2001

piatt2001 Member

I should be able to make the sunday cruise on the 18th, but I wont be in town for the 17th car show. So count me and Jennifer in for Sunday.

Jeff

11. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

OK, just got off the phone with Brian....

Cleared my schedule for the 15th-18th!

Told the wife to start packing!

We are comming to TEXAS!

All, I could use some recomendations on a place to stay close to the activities. We will be trailering the car in and will leave the truck and trailer at the hotel. Looking for someplace with a heated pool for the grand kids, if you have any ideas please shoot them my way.

I do have an apointment on Monday that I can't miss (maybe :twisted: ) so I will need to leave around noon or so on Sunday, unless we are having too much fun.

Can't wait to see everybody! and bring my baby back home!!

12. boilerrat

boilerrat Member

Hey BP, Go to Hotels.com and type in Ft.Worth Fossil Creek. Thats where I usually stay when I'm up there. Matter of fact I'm going up Friday and staying in something cheap, but there are several places around there that are more $$$. Fossil Creek is about 20 min from LS if that much. There are some cheaper ones along the highway towards LS but wouldn't recommend them. Probably have to talk through plexiglass to get extra towels if you know what I mean. Fossil Creek is your best bet unless Brian knows something I don't. Have a safe trip.

13. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Brian,

When I went up to have mine inspected and titled I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express about 10-12 mins from them on Hwy 287. Nice place with good resteraunts next door. I will probably use them again unless anyone else finds something better.

Larry

14. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

Brain,

Nancy and I will be there Saturday and Sunday.

We plan to trailer to Lone Star and leave from there - if it is ok to leave the trailer there - to go to the show and then trailer to the Best Western at 3920 Boat Club Road in Lake Worth overnight.

We stay at this Best Western when we go to Texas Motor Speedway. It is just off 820 (on the north side) and the Jacksboro Hwy., behind the Cotton Patch restaurant that faces 820. It does have a pool, but I am not sure if it is heated - 817/238-1199 - King Bed room is $99.

There is a grocery store and drug store across the street as well as Rosa's Mexican food restaurant

It is about 15 minutes from Lone Star.

Jody & Nancy

15. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

what about this place is it in the right location by the zoo?

Fairfield Inn by Marriott North Fossil Creek
    Fort Worth Zoo 8 Miles / Fort Worth
    Guest Rating 4.3
    28 Reviews
    $85.00

Trying to keep the budget down with the cost of gas for this trip.... :(

16. Jim_Munson

Jim_Munson New Member

I will be there! Can't wait!

17. Lawler

Lawler Active Member

Is this the place that has the little cameras placed behind the mirrors? :shock: :lol:

Just Kidding. It is going to be tight for me. I am calling the engine builder tomorrow for an update. :?

Kinton

18. Bwana Snake

Bwana Snake Member

I am planning on staying overnight and think it would be nice if we could all wind up in the same location. I like Larry’s Holiday Inn Express idea but is there enough room to park our trailers and what about parking lot security? I’m 50/50 on driving or trailering all hinged on how secure I feel with the parking lot.

Gary

19. T Jacobs

T Jacobs Member

Brian,

I will be there for Saturday and Sunday. The plan for now is me and Kensley with both the Snake and the Cobra (Ok it's a mustang but still a cobra).

Looking forward to it, should be lots of good times!

20. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

I am not too worried about the security as long as I am within eyesight of the car. We have made many trips and once the car cover goes on nobody knows what’s underneath. We have never had an issue and the more that park in the same location the better.

I vote for the Fairfield inn :D

I am going to trailer, so it is important to have some room to get the car off and on.. If I were to drive the Cobra from AZ it would cost $450.00 each way just in gas! Anyway, this sounds like a good idea, any body else?

Looking forward to the trip....

21. Bwana Snake

Bwana Snake Member

Fairfield works for me trailer or no trailer jut need to get a car cover. I plan on being at LS Saturday about 3:00 / 3:30 wife want show up until Sunday for the cruise. Should I make a batch of my Margaritas? I know Glyn really enjoyed them in Austin maybe a keg would be better, what do you guy’s thing?

Gary

22. Lawler

Lawler Active Member

You know, this all sucks real big donkey you know whats. :cry Here I sit, once again, reading about all you guys getting geared up for a real good time and all I can do is read about it. Hell, I can't even get my engine builder to answer the freakin phone for an update much less get ready for a good ole time hangin out with the guys.....

Kinton

23. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

Gary,
    I think you need to send Kinton a headstart on tlhe margaritas or a keg over so he can start early.

Kinton,
    I know what you mean about the "el grande burrito".... engine problems are the pits.
    What did you decide to get in the way of camshaft, etc. on the Cleveland?

Jody

24. Bwana Snake

Bwana Snake Member

Kinton,

Come on up anyway, having your car hear would be nice but the cars are not what this is all about. Hop on Southwest and we will pick you up at the airport and I assure you that you will have a ride.

If Glyn shows up maybe he will let you ride shotgun in his Cobra / Austin Healy. Does anyone know if he ever change out that 351W with that British, whatever, straight six? Or you could probably ride with Tugboat but you know how that would go not everyone loves yellow, LOL and as a last resort there is my track black LS.

Gary

25. Bwana Snake

Bwana Snake Member

By the way Saturday May the 17th is my birthday and I plan on over indulging with the Margaritas, expect all the guys to buy me free drinks and to get kisses from all the girls. Its OK girls my wife of 37 years says more power to me and she has even ordered a cake to be delivered Saturday might for the festivities. She’s not showing up until Sunday anyway, thank god.

26. T Jacobs

T Jacobs Member

Kinton,

I can offer three things:

1 - Sympathy - not worth the time it took you to read it, but offered anyway
    2 - A ride when you show up...not flashy Yellow, but still a ride
    3 - I know some one selling the following motor, could be a temp (speed) fix - $3500

"FORD 351 W , ESTAMATED H/P 450-500

STANDARD BORE,MARINE BLOCK,HIGH NICKLE
    GT 40 IRON HEADS,SCRW IN STUDS, VALVE JOB, ALL NEW CRANE ,ROLLER ROCKER,
    RETAINERS,SPRINGS.
    CAM # H-238-3347-2-10 , 3400 - 6800 RPM , ALL MATCHED, CAM, INTAKE &
    CARB CARB - PRO SERIES 4150/650CFM (NEW,NO GAS), INTAKE - AIR GAP SINGLE
    PLAN (NEW) PISTONS HYPER TEC CAST, POLYDYNE COATING, POLISHED CRANK,
    RODS SHOT PENED,SIZED BLUE PRINTED , ALL NEW FASTNERS (ARP) SCEW IN MAIN
    STUDS BRODIX CAST ALM V COVERS

27. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Tony,

Is this engine used? Does it come with timing chain cover,water pump and damper. Balanced 28 o/z or 50? Might be nice in the GT40 if Kinton doesn't want it.

Larry

28. T Jacobs

T Jacobs Member

LArry-Kinton - Anyone

It has no water pump, does have timing chain and cover...does have damper..never been run, all new parts...was built for a mud truck that never made it. I have the guy's phone number...if interested call me (281-536-5340)...it is in Manvel

29. Lawler

Lawler Active Member

Thanks Tony. Sounds like a good deal and opportunity. However, I have already dinged my paint with just one engine removal. At this rate the rework on the paint will surpass the price of the engine :shock:

I agree Tug, this engine would move th e40 on down th eroad.

Kinton

30. Brian I am goning to have to renig on the event, my local home town show ( The one that Lynn beat Jay & I last year) is gonna be that Sat. & I really wanted to have The Car I Built in it ! IF I get some driving time in to trust it ( or more so ME) for a cruise we might try to trailer for Sun.. Not sure of my cooling temps & like R R I do not have a full inclosed fan shroud but I do have the laser temp gun so will see,
    Anyway wanted to let You drop me from the feed list.
    Should get those windshield post off this weekend so I will ship to You soon. Wendell

31. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

OK just got back from AZ Route 66 cruise and we put over 900 miles on the car in three days, still waiting to see if I won anything as we did not go to the awards ceremony. I have made my reservation at:

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek
    3701 NE Loop 820
    Fort Worth, TX 76137
    USA
    1-817-232-5700
    Fax: 1-817-232-5547

And will be there ready to go on Friday! My Wife has an appointment that she can't get out of so it is just me going to Texas. I would like a margarita for sure and would like to go to LSC on Friday to say hi to the gang.....

Let me know who else is staying at the Fairfield inn so we can make plans!

Brian

32. T Jacobs

T Jacobs Member

Brian - All,

I have just made my reservations at the Fairfield Inn as well....will be coming up Friday early afternoon I hope, traveling with Jackie and Paula....

Brian (Lone Star) I as well hope to drop in Friday when I get in town, how late will you guys be at the shop?

Unfortunatly Kensley (Daughter) will be working that weekend, so it is just me for the food count.

33. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

All,

I too have just made my reservations at the Fairfield. Talked to Melissa and she gave me the weekend rate of 85.00 per night. GOOD RATE!

It will be Logan, my 15 yr old son, and I. I have to wait till he gets out of school so we will not get there till about 7-8 p.m.

Thanks

Larry Boatner

34. T Jacobs

T Jacobs Member

Brian -

Count me as two for the Sunday cruise (Kensleys friend Lauren lives in Dallas and will be coming down to ride with me)

35. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Brian,

Count Logan and I for the cruise and Lunch!

Larry Boatner

36. Bwana Snake

Bwana Snake Member

Brian,

I never heard from Joel so I don’t know if I’m going to have the car ready by then or not so for now you had better cross us off the list.

Gary

37. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

Brain @ Lone Star....Nancy and I will be present for all the scheduled events for the week end.

I don't know how much room you have available there at the shop, but if possible, I would like to park my trailer there for the week end - if you don't have room, I will pull it back and forth to Grand Prairie on Saturday and leave the trailer and the Suburban at the Fairfield Inn on Sunday and drive the Gobra over for the cruise.

Thanks,
    Jody

PS...Since everyone seems to be going to the Fairfield, Nancy and I will be there as well. We have cancelled our roorm at the Best Western and have made reservations at the Fairfield Inn at 3701 NE Loop 820.

We plan to arrive early Friday afternoon and go to the Lone Star shop. If anyone is interested in a dutch treat dinner on Friday evening, let us know, Nancy and I are in for that.

BTW....my cell phone number is 254/640-0416

Jody & Nancy

38. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

Cool....

Brian@LSC I will need to leave early on Sunday to make it back to AZ so I won't be on the cruise.. But count me in for a visit on Friday and food on Saturday! How do I enter into the car show on Saturday, just show up?

All, I will wait at the Fairfield for all that want to stop by LSC on Friday. (Lunch anyone?) I am getting in on Thursday night so I will have plenty of time to get the car off the trailer and polish her up Friday morning.... This will be fun!

Brian

39. Bad460

Bad460 Member

Brian,

Tony, Paula and I will be leaving Friday morning around 9:00 - 9:30 am. Tony will be driving his Cobra. We will be there for all the fun all week-end.
    Andy and I are about 90% done with my Cobra. This will be the first Big event for the Cobra. We will be coming over the shop sometime Friday afernoon.

Jody & Nancy,

Tony, Andy, Lawson (Andy's son) Paula and I will get together with you all for dinner Friday night. That sounds great.

Jody, I did buy David Braddy's trailer. I will stop and pick it up Friday, and leave it at Andys house for the week-end.

Jackie & Paula

40. Reptyl

Reptyl Member

What is the trailer parking situation? Is there room to park trailers at LS or the hotel?

RT

41. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

From my understanding there is room for the trailers at the Fairfield Inn.

Can I join in for dinner Friday night after the visit to LSC?

Thanks,
    Brian

42. boilerrat

boilerrat Member

Just finished finalizing my reservations at the Fairfield Inn. Now if I could just find an open seat for the cruise, if not no worries it'll be good to just gaze at all the cool hotrods.

43. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

I plan to be at Lone Star early Friday morning to go to the alignment shop for a front end align and then return back to Lone Star.
    We can make plans for dinner on Friday that afternoon - does anyone have a place to go in mind? If you do we can plan it now.
    Jody

44. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

There was a Cajun Restaurant (Chain?) out in Texas that we visited when we picked up my car 8 years ago, I forgot the name but they had great food......? I know that they do not have them in AZ

Papa something???

I don't remember... been too long and too many beers!

It all works for me! Just no sushi!

45. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

Brian..

I think you are referring to Papadeaux - which is a chain and a good place to eat.

I am not sure where the closest one is, but I'll bet we can find it.

Who's in for dinner Friday at Papadeaux ?

Jody

46. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

Brian..

I think you are referring to Papadeaux - which is a chain and a good place to eat.

I am not sure where the closest one is, but I'll bet we can find it.

Who's in for dinner Friday at Papadeaux ?

Jody

47. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Jody,

I think we will probably get there to late but I have your cell number and will call when we get close to see if ya'll are finished.

Larry

48. BlueCar

BlueCar New Member

Brian
    Bluecar here, I will be there so add me to the list.

Later Dino

49. boilerrat

boilerrat Member

I'm kind of partial to Saltgrass. There is one right at the corner of 820 & 35. Just stay on the feeder from the hotel and you can't miss it. I should be there Friday by 3 or 4 at the earliest. I can eat anywhere though, just no tomatoes please.

50. richc

richc Member

Brian,

I should be there with guest (son) .let me know if we need anything else as far as food ,drinks or condiments.

Rich

51. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

What kind of food does Saltgrass have? I will see if I can look it up on the net. We don't need to make the decision now but it would be nice to have a place and time incase we all get in at different times or split up durring the day...

Have fun!

Brian

52. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

OK Saltgrass looks good too!

Brian

53. piatt2001

piatt2001 Member

Brian,

I will be there for the cruise on sunday with my fiance. So count 2 for me.

Jeff

54. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

Brian,

Thanks!, I would like to leave my trailer there at your shop.

Saltgarass is fine with us.

I still plan to be down early Friday morning and Nancy will be down 7:30 ish Friday, but I can order for her and she can join us when she arrives.

Jody

55. Brian, what all will be going on Sunday, Lynn would probably not go for it but I might be crazy enough to drive up Sun. a.m. & catch You guys somewhere? I hope to be finished ( well calling it good for now anyway ) tomorrow & I might have a slow enough next week to get some shake down driving in but if not meet You guys at some point, My local show I want to make might be thru early enough to load up & go Sat. p.m.?

Oh Yea, got the windshield on today so I will mail the old posts to You if You still want them, sorry to be so long but I wanted to make sure I did not have to fall back on them first, tell me & I will ship Monday?
    Wendell

56. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

Brian@LSC Sounds like a plan! I will leave the trailer at the hotel and the car will be fine there too. Thanks for the offer and I will see you on Friday! need to change the oil in the truck tonight before the trip on Thursday!

Brian

57. Brian I will send tomorrow & I will run it by Lynn not that she would ride with me yet!
    Car is doing Great Brian ride & all, the people that have rode with me can not believe the BEFORE pics, Thanks again for YOUR help ! Wendell

58. Bwana Snake

Bwana Snake Member

Brian,

What is the schedule for Saturday?

Gary

59. Barnsnake

Barnsnake Member

I'll probably be there. I can't persuade the wife to come along, but I may still find a navigator. For now, figure me as one person for the cruise.

Jim

60. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

OK Landed in Texas! after a 991 mile trip the green machine is here! I am still on AZ time so staying up till 2:00am is no problem! Wait, what time do I need to wake up? hehehe I will be at the hotel Room 130 or out in the parking lot getting the car ready for a cruize over to LSC on Friday afternoon!

Brian

61. boilerrat

boilerrat Member

Welcome to Texas there pardner! Hope your drive was good. I'll be pointed north in just a few hours.

62. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

WISH YOU WERE HERE!!!!!

Guys, where are ya'll? Damon, Glyn, etc. 1st day was a blast! We landed 6 trophies at the car show!!!! Brian fed us great B.B.Q.!!! And we just had fun. I will post pictures when I get home.

Larry

63. Hey Tug, I won my local show today over two other Cobras ( one other was mine :oops: & even beat Lynn & her Viper this year!) * never even took a pic, I was too bust talking & answering questions about the LS. I had the truck & trailer dolled up to load & come to LS & even had a Appt. @ KC Plano to get my car tweaked but Jay & myself both left early for a dad gum summer cold, home & straight to bed & now up @ 2 A.M. doing forums, I fell like C__P, Have fun guys.
    I told Lynn if BP can travel that far we can make our little hop, & would have, forgive me & my spelling & type OHS, I can't see too well !

64. ElegantTexan

ElegantTexan Member

Tug...sorry, I have to leave for Dubai later today, and couldn't get up there. :( Did go to the Georgetown car show yesterday though with a bunch of the Austin Cobra Club folks and won 3rd place...they lumped us in with a whole 'custom/clone' group which had an old Excalibur in the same class ... vulgar car, but a crowd pleaser...LOL

Glyn

65. richc

richc Member

Thanks Brian,
    I didn't know you took this picture. I'm all choked up.Thanks for a dream weekend.
    I think the sport of hot rodding is dying for future generations.Hopefully I can pass it down to my son to enjoy.

Thanks again, Rich

66. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Brian,

Thanks again!!!

I agree with Rich, Lone Star helped make this a family weekend. I really want Logan to enjoy nice cars and horsepower, BUT, how do you get them to be responsible? Too much testosterone!!! I did let Logan drive most of the way home pulling the trailer, I will need a few days to recover.

Larry Boatner

p.s. I don't have a way to post pictures in this thread, must be full

67. Bwana Snake

Bwana Snake Member

Brian,

Thanks for a wonderful weekend, I really enjoyed getting better acquainted with all the owners and look forward to the next outing. The food and cruise were also great.

Gary

68. Reptyl

Reptyl Member

Brian,

Thanks to you and the whole LS team for a great weekend! The BBQ was excellent and the car show & Sunday cruise were really fun. It was also nice to meet several of the guys on the forum. I hope this becomes an annual thing and I'm looking forward to next year.

RT

69. Barnsnake

Barnsnake Member

Thanks to Brian and family for a great weekend! Good food, good company. It was great to see some previous acquaintances and make some new ones. It's always fun to put faces with the names (and screen names).

Jim

70. boilerrat

boilerrat Member

WOW! What a weekend! Thanks Brian, Regina, Joel, Micheal and the rest of the LS folks for making a terriffic weekend. I enjoyed the whole time I was there. It was all tops with me. I hope everyone made it home safe and sound. Seeing such beautiful cars has really got me going, I couldn't wait to get home and start busting knuckles. Special thanks go to Brian Williams for the open seat all weekend. It was a blast, I never thought a Porsche Turbo Carrera would taste as good as it did!

71. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

Thanks to Brian @ LSC for putting together the super nice weekend!

It was sure nice to bring my baby back home with so may others that have super nice cars!

I want to give special thanks to Pat for being my trusted co-pilot and putting up with my antics over the couple of days. (I saw you reach for the passenger brake with the Porsche!) I had to pull a couple of "Chick moves" (thanks Logan!) because I had no idea where in the Texas I was going.... Pat never hit me or refused to get back into the car, thanks!

You have no idea how lucky you guys are to have cars that are of the same make and live so close together. It is nice to get together and talk about ideas and have a helping hand when it's needed. I built mine in a vacuum here in AZ and I think that is what extended my build time a bit.

On the way home on Sunday I passed several guys going to the track out off of the 30 to the 20??? Anyone know what track is out there and what group runs there? NASA, ASA, SCCA????

It sure was nice meeting all of you and I hope to see you again in the upcoming years!

Brian

72. Reptyl

Reptyl Member

BP,

It was nice to meet you in person and see your car. You've got a really nice LS! Thanks also for sharing the suspension info and showing us the swaybar. I had fun on the Saturday drive even if you do "drive like a chick"! :D

I'm not sure what track you're talking about, but Larry, Tony and I passed 25 or more race car haulers headed North on I-45 as we traveled back to Houston. They were coming back from the NHRA Sportsman race at the track in Baytown this past weekend.

RT

73. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

Brain,
    It was great to meet you and see your car. It is a real gem!
    Thanks for sharing your suspension and set-up knowledge with us. I have a long way to go to catch up with your skills.
    It had to be a great event for your car as well, to be able to be around so many of its brothers and sisters. :wink:
    I am looking forward to seeing you again.
    Jody

74. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Jody,

LEAVE THOSE MOTORCYCLES ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are at least be in a authorized lane when it happens. Just cause he passed you the first time on his rear wheel I think he will be in the right powerband the next time he sides up to a snake at a red light. Was pretty interesting tho. I would have loved to have seen that at a Drag Strip. Maybe next year at the Lone Star Roundup we could have a drag strip day!!!!

Brian, Why is Pat still shaking? Something about bad Porsche, bad Porsche.

Your car is fantastic. My son was supprised that someone built theirs to drive. Up untill this weekend he thought these were just for seeing not driving. Too bad you are so far away, would love to get together more often. I will be in Phoenix on business or golf later this year and will let you know when.

Larry Boatner

75. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

Larry,

Yours is good advice.

If the rice burner would have left it at one pass by on the rear wheel it would have been ok, but my pucker string broke on his second trip and an authorized lane shrunk to the width of my car.

My apologies to you and anyone else I may have offended.

Jody

76. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

Larry, Jody, Pat, thanks for the kind words, it truly was worth the time to drive out from AZ and meet you and the others. I really like the fact that we are miles apart and when our family got together it was like we were never apart. There is nothing like the comradely that goes along with owning a Cobra and the others that share the spirit.

All, please be safe these cars are very fast and can get you in harms way in a blink of an eye. Take it slow and get some seat time in. I would recommend going to a local club for NASA (http://www.nasaproracing.com/) or SCCA (scca.com) to learn the finer points of driving fast SAFE. We almost lost one of our dear friends last month to a Cobra crash and it is a terrible thought that could happen to any of us.

Be safe and take care of those machines!

Brian

77. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Jody,

My post was all in jest!!! I enjoyed seeing the rice burner BURN! To tell you the truth I had no idea our cars would stay with one of those high power / low weight rockets!!! See you in 2 weeks at Star Burst!!

Brian,

I am trying to get Logan setup for some driving lessons at a track! My wife thinks it a bad idea teaching him how to drive fast. I try to explain to her that he is probably going to be driving fast anyway, maybe this will make him safer. With a teenager it's like butting your head into a wall, and Logan is a good one!

Maybe he will not be making any "CHICK MOVES" but, If he does he can do them as well as you. LOL

Larry

78. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

79. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Yes,

Talked to the guy in Austin and they are trying to setup a overnight type 3-4 day camp.

larry

80. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

Jody, Larry,

Save the cash for the car! go to http://www.nasatxracing.com/ and look into HPDE1 the student group. Cost is $180.00 for one day and $280.00 for both days and should include a years membership with NASA. This is one on one instruction in a classroom and on the track in your car.

These are guys like us with nice cars and want to have fun and be safe on the track. I will check with our chief driving instructor this weekend to see if he has a connection in Texas. As instructors we like to team up the high HP rear wheel cars with people that race the same. I will look into it and let you know.

NASA is the way to go for good safe fun! Check out the HPDE1 group!

Brian

81. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

BP

I finally made it to this forum. It's tough when a guy is used to one forum & goes to another. getting used to this slowlyyyyyy! It looks like the LSC event was a lot of fun. At least the pictures anyway. Maybe the next one we will be able to go with. It's always fun to be around a group with the same make of cars. It is good to know there is another LSC in this area. Call, and let's get together this weekend, maybe even at Firebird.

Lonestar #024

82. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

Welcome to the Lone Star Classics forum!
    Please tell us a bit about your car and how you drive / use it.

Jody

83. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Thanx for the welcoming.

I found out about this forum from BPWILLIAMS. Now all I have to do is figure out the ins & outs of it. So be patient with me please. Typing is bad enough.

My Cobra is #24 from the Lonestar factory in 1994, according to the tag. It's powered by a 428FE and t-500 trans. If I could figure out how to put up the avitar picture I'd let you see it. (computer skills need improvement). It is not set for racing at all, but man does it look good going down the road, or just sitting still. but then again, in my whole life I have yet to see a bad looking Cobra, and I don't think I stand alone on this.
    I bought my Cobra from a guy in Reno Nv. in Nov 07, drove it once, then had to put a radiator in it. now thanks to Brian from Lonestar, he talked me into putting the updated rad and shroud. It came out perfect. Thanks Brian.
    Looking forward to getting to know other LSC owners as I have felt lonely out her in az thinking I had the only LSC in az, until BP set me straight. Can't wait to get with the other 3 LSC guys in az a compare notes & ideas.

Thank you Lonestar for making such a nice machine

Lonestar #024

84. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Brian @ Lone Star

Sounds like Kinton is open for the new Arizona Lone Star club president job!!!

Welcome 024. We had a blast in Fort Worth. Brian, Regina and the gang were great host!! Next year I bet we can easily double this years attendance. Brian - How about a t-shirt for the original group?

Larry

85. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

SHIRTS what a great idea, expecially for the start of something big.... Brian you might want to send out flyers for next year and have the airport evacuated (can we use the airstrip? hehehe).

#024 I am glad you finally made it in here, and welcome you are among friends! I usually use both sites to keep abreast of the Cobra sceen in AZ and at LSC. There is a TON of information in this forum just for our cars!

BP

86. Lawler

Lawler Active Member

Crazy Russians. They must have mistaken the forum for Hillary's email server.

87. Luce

Luce Member

I think it was chinese translating to the wrong language. When translated, it sounded like engrish to me. And the Ruskies are smart enough to not waste time trying to sell corsets to cobra guys.

The Chinese have gotten smart about hiding the fact they are in China. I was looking at a router mill that said was shipped from Germany, but upon closer inspection and research, there was a China drop shipper with the exact same pictures.