1. ATTENTION EXISTING USERS: If this is your first visit to the new forum, you must reset your password. Please go to http://cobrakitcar.net/lost-password to reset your password.

Dismiss Notice

3M Wrap vs Paint

Discussion in 'General Comments and Questions' started by Macdaddy9787, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Macdaddy9787

Macdaddy9787 New Member

Hey, in the process of having my new LS427GT being built and haven't decided between wrapping with 3M or paint. Looking for some feedback from anyone that has wrapped their Cobra with the 3M product. I know there is cost advantage with the wrap but not sure about quality of finish. Suggestions?

2. Skuzzy

Skuzzy Member

The wraps I have seen have a distinct orange peel finish in them. That said, if it is 'flat' finish, then it will not be as prominent, but I do not care for the 'shiny' attempts with wraps.

3. Prof

Prof Member

Wrap guys I spoke with when I was doing my Cobra 427 go cart said the body has to be prepped as if for paint. So when you have it ready for the paint color to be sprayed on, that's when you wrap it. Ended up, my Mini Me go cart body was $1,350 to wrap and $600 to paint a brushed aluminum. (see pic in my prior posts). Sure, the wrap can be removed, but it's significantly cheaper to shoot paint. CAUTION: DO NOT apply wrap over un-prepped bodywork.
    Paul

4. 427HISS

427HISS Member

A local wrap company sponsors our wrap on the 360 winged sprint car, and they've always been lower than a quality paint job. I just don't see how a quality wrap can cost more ? I'm a retired auto body man and most repaints are apx. $2,500-$5,000.

They use the 3M products and it looks awesome. Very tough stuff and we did not replace it on the sprint for 4 years.

They also wrapped I believe,.... the 2014 Challenger with the brushed aluminum and looks fantastic. They offered to wrap my Cobra with it, but I'll have to think about it. If I can get a photo of the Challenger, I'll post it.

Company-
    http://revolutionwraps.com/

5. undy

undy Member

wuzzup Kevin?

6. 427HISS

427HISS Member

Hey Dave, let's chat on the phone. Still have my number ?