1. ATTENTION EXISTING USERS: If this is your first visit to the new forum, you must reset your password. Please go to http://cobrakitcar.net/lost-password to reset your password.

Dismiss Notice

A Moment of Silence for Tugboat

Discussion in 'Race Talk' started by Reptyl, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Reptyl

Reptyl Member

I would like to request a moment of silence on the forum today for Tugboat. He along with Tony are mourning over the GT crash last week that put their BBORR plans in jeopardy.

Rumor has it Larry was just cruising along, minding his own business when he was run off the road by a crazed mini-van driver. As he took evasive maneuvers to avoid the accident he was forced off the pavement. At that moment his Formula 1 instincts took over and he was able to save the car only to look up and see a duck and 12 little ducklings crossing the road right in his path! Being the animal lover he is, Larry exclaimed “Mother Ducker” and instead of wiping out the whole feathered family he swerved and was again forced off the road. This time his incredible driving skills were not enough to keep the GT out of the ditch!

Larry is okay, but the GT suffered minor damage and is already being repaired. He has requested any donations be sent to Ducks Unlimited. :D

RT

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Well, As they say in the feathered world!

DUCK IT!

Larry

BTW-It is only a car, a real expensive car, yet none the less, just a piece of metal.

Oh and by the way, I was not injured. Thanks very much for asking!

3. Lakeway Cobra

Lakeway Cobra Member

Glad to hear you are OK Larry.

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Recent events have gotten my attention to our thirst for speed. In this case, backing into a ditch at 45 mph makes you realize just what happens, Happens VERY QUICKLY, when you do loose these cars. We all have slid sideways and thought, wow, that was close, but straighting the car back up you feel like you have alot of controll over these high HP monsters. Not true, There is a point you are just an interested spectator in whats about to happen and alot does flash before your eyes. In my instance I had time to pick the place in the ditch I was headed, Thank myself for putting my seatbelt on and realize, Oh S**T this is going to hurt.

Please do not take these cars for granted, Thats really when they will jump up and BITE ya!

Larry

5. Skuzzy

Skuzzy Member

Glad you are ok Tug. Sorry to hear about the GT though.

6. boilerrat

boilerrat Member

Oh man! Sorry to hear that Tug. Would the old lady driver in the minivan happen to be from Luling?

7. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Pat,

Must have been her sister, she took off without stopping. As Randy said, I just said "Mother Ducker"

Larry

Lessons learned so far from the legal standpoint.

#1. In Texas, the law reads, There must be contact for them to give her a ticket! If you are an incredible evasive driver and miss the idiot and then run into a ditch. They will not site the other person.
    #2. Uninsured motorist insurance will pay, dependant upon which state your in, if you have the right policy. "I do not, and in Texas same rule, If she made contact with me my deductible would be 250 instead of 1,000.00.

Lessons learned the HARD way! "By Larry Boatner"

8. NC Cobra

NC Cobra Member

When I was living in Texas, I heard it listed as "Fur on the bumper". Same applies to avoiding an animal in the road. If you do not make contact with the animal, you swerve, and put yourself in a ditch...then you just screwed yourself. When the cop comes out to write his report, he will be looking for 'fur on the bumper' to verify that you hit then animal, unless of course, it's obviously laying in the road in pieces...like your car.

9. Skuzzy

Skuzzy Member

I too had to learn about it the hard way. If it is a choice of hitting a car or a telephone pole, the car is going to get hit. I did the pole once and it cost me dearly. Nothing good comes from attempting to avoid an accident which is not going to be your fault.

You would think the Insurance companies would provide more incentive to avoid an accident.