1. ATTENTION EXISTING USERS: If this is your first visit to the new forum, you must reset your password. Please go to http://cobrakitcar.net/lost-password to reset your password.

Dismiss Notice

Brake Pressure Bleeder for loan. Neat tool!

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Prof, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Prof

Prof Member

All,
    Had lots of air creeping into the brake system resulting in a soft pedal. Found a pressure bleeder that Rally cars use to completely evacuate the air from their brake systems.
    Here it is pictured on my Shelby with the adapter for two bowl m/c. I ordered the adapter for Tilton m/c, as well as the round one that it comes with.

[​IMG]

It pushes all air out of the m/c and lines. FIll with a quart of good fluid, secure lid, pressurize and bleed. I was surprised to find a drip occurring on the line running across the rear differential. Drip Drip Drip...tightened it up and looked everywhere else. System was finally solid. Cracking the bleeder open brings fluid into the catch cup very slowly. Easy one-person operation. Messy--need a big piece of cardboard under the car to catch spilled fluid.

Add this to the tire spacing tool and the Lizard Skin Gun for loan. Plastic--easy to ship. As with all tools for loan, clean thoroughly and meticulously before returning.

Best,
    Paul
    McKinney TX
    972-816-8009

2. 427HISS

427HISS Member

I may want to barrow the brake tool later. That's great of you.
    What tire spacing tool do you have ?

Kevin

3. Reptyl

Reptyl Member

Prof,

I've got one of those too and it works really well. A tip to avoid the mess at the MC is to lay the pressurized container on it's side and uncover the pickup tube when you're done bleeding. While it's still pressurized, let it push the remaining fluid and a small amout of air out of the clear tube into the MC reservoir. This will avoid spilling a bunch of fluid when removing the cap adapter.

Also, the Tilton specific adapter is a good idea. My kit came with a small round adapter and it sort of fits the Tilton reservoir, but it leaks.

RT