1. ATTENTION EXISTING USERS: If this is your first visit to the new forum, you must reset your password. Please go to http://cobrakitcar.net/lost-password to reset your password.

Dismiss Notice

Certificate of Manufacture

Discussion in 'General Comments and Questions' started by dafuser, Jun 23, 2013.

1. dafuser

dafuser Member

Hello,

I bought my cobra second hand last year, and it's currently titled in Texas as a Reconstructed Replica: 1966 Ford.

I see where I can get the car titled as a Custom Car or Hot Rod and not have to worry about emission checks, annual inspections. The instructions for getting the cobra retitled as a custom car or hot rod say I'll need a Certificate of Manufacture.

I can't find anything that looks like a Certificate of Manufacture with the paperwork that came with the cobra. Is there a way for me to get the Certificate of Manufacture for my cobra?

2. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

The Gobra is titled:

Vehicle ID Code ...xxxxxxxxxxxxx424
    year model ... 2007
    Make of vehicle ... Lone
    Body style ... RD
    Title Document Number ... xxxxxxx
    Weight ... 2400
    License number ... GORRA
    Previous owner ... Lonestar Classics Ft. Worth TX
    Odometer reading ... 000001
    Remarks ... Actual mileage Replica: (1966 Cobr)

I get an inspection every year, but no emissions testing. No emissions testing in my area is done on any cars.

Brian did all the paper work on mine. He got the first inspection as well. I got the title in the mail.

Jody

3. dafuser

dafuser Member

My area does not require emission testing at this time.

My Cobra is titled as:

Vehicle ID Code ...xxxxxxxxxxxxx398
    year model ... 2007
    Make of vehicle ... Lone
    Body style ... RD
    Title Document Number ... xxxxxxx
    Weight ... 2200
    License number ... NA5AA
    Previous owner ... xxxxxxxxxxxx, Granbury TX
    Odometer reading ... 5076
    Remarks ... Actual mileage
    Reconstructed
    Replica: 1966 Ford

I'd like to get the title changed to Hot Rod or Custom Car incase my county changed the requirements to include emissions at some future date. It appears I will require the Certificate of Manufacture as part of the paperwork to have the title changed. I wonder if Brian can get me a copy of the original Certificate of Manufacture?

4. 66Snaake

66Snaake New Member

Well, which is it: a 1966 Ford, or a 2007? If it is titled as a 1966 replica (and insured exactly the same), leave it be - cursory inspection (the lights all come on, it has brakes, and the horn honks) - and no emissions headaches in any TX county. If it is 2007, grab your wallet and plan a couple of days off; I'll fill you in on the latter if you are interested. Good Luck!

5. dafuser

dafuser Member

The cars title has 2007 as the Year Model with Lone as the Make of the Vehicle and a Body Style of RD. Under Remarks is has the following:

Actual Mileage
    Reconstructed
    Survivorship Rights
    My Name
    Wifes Name

I tried to title it as a 1966 Replica but was told it had to be titled as the year it was built, so that's why it has 2007 as the year of the vehicle.

6. dafuser

dafuser Member

My insurance card shows the year to be 2007 with the Make/Model as Lonestar Replica 1966 Cobra.

The cars title has 2007 as the Year Model with Lone as the Make of the Vehicle and a Body Style of RD. Under Remarks is has the following:

Actual Mileage
    Reconstructed
    Survivorship Rights
    My Name
    Wifes Name

Is that correct to be exempt from the emissions testing required in some Texas counties?

7. Walllace Humphrey

Walllace Humphrey New Member

I purchased a Lone Star Classic a couple of years ago. Titled as 1996 Lone Star. Would like to know if any build info is archived. The plate under the hood is a follows: LS427 4LSCB8215TK000023