1. ATTENTION EXISTING USERS: If this is your first visit to the new forum, you must reset your password. Please go to http://cobrakitcar.net/lost-password to reset your password.

Dismiss Notice

Classics Roadster AC Cobra

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Joe Bull, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Joe Bull

Joe Bull New Member

I am a 69 year old retired heavy equipment mechanic located in central Illinois.
    I just purchased a 1966 Classics Roadster AC Cobra manufactured in 1992. This is my first kit car but not my first build. I am installing a stroked 460 with a top loader 4 speed. The mounts that came with the kit were for a 428. After setting the engine it looks like it sits too high and about two inches forward. I am going to need a set of headers and side pipes. I believe that will let me know where to set the engine.
    I also need advice on the radiator. I want to keep this thing cool. I have had trouble in the past with cooling and had to go to a larger radiator after the build. It is a lot easier to do it right the first time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. undy

undy Member

This is a brand new company that sells a brand new designed Cobra. Your Cobra (CR) is an entirely different car form this one. I suggest you go to "Club Cobra" with your questions.

3. Joe Bull

Joe Bull New Member

I was under the understanding that the Classics Roadster Cobra kit had the same wheel base and width as the ultimate cobra. Why would the cooling system requirements be different on this Cobra?