1. ATTENTION EXISTING USERS: If this is your first visit to the new forum, you must reset your password. Please go to http://cobrakitcar.net/lost-password to reset your password.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Spacediver, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Spacediver

Spacediver Member

Any of you guys know who will cover a car during the build process. I am going to sub out some of the work to a currently unemployed buddy but would hate for it to be stolen from his garage or hit while in transit on a trailer ect ect

2. Condon & Skelly did for me.

www.condonskelly.com

Wendell / Lynn

3. Spacediver

Spacediver Member

Just gave them a call they say they can not insure a kit under construction...

4. Things must have changed then, that's the reason I am with them now cause they took care of me then?

5. bktlist

bktlist Member

I used CWG. Talk to Don HUghes at 972 617 3732

6. TexasDoc

TexasDoc Member

I talked to my insurance company during the build. They said my homeowner's insurance covered it during the build. YMMV.

7. sleal

sleal Member

Thats interesting my home owners would not cover it, I hate ins companies

8. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

My State Farm agent told me it was covered on the standard Texas Homeowner Policy until it was licensed and then it would be dropped from the home insurance. He compared it to a tractor or lawn equipment in my garage. My agent did recommend raising the contents limit during construction. This all happened 7 years ago so rules may have changed.
    J