1. ATTENTION EXISTING USERS: If this is your first visit to the new forum, you must reset your password. Please go to http://cobrakitcar.net/lost-password to reset your password.

Dismiss Notice

The Economy or the Weather

Discussion in 'Race Talk' started by Tugboat, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Where is everybody????? I check this site alot and we have just sort of gotten into a holding pattern. My problem is Family, Weather, economy and probably lazinesss, in that order, as the reason I have been absent so much lately. Son is Jr in High School and with his school and golf schedule I have been tied up to much lately. Good side of that he got his first inquiry from Louisiana Tech for a scholarship offer. Tony planned and executed a great saturday run last week that I had to miss. Several Lonestars and a few OTHERS from the Houston Cobra Club were present. We in Houston are just coming into our 2nd best time of year for a cobra.

Well just wanted to stir some people up! Also missing my Lone Star Bretheren!!!

Larry

BTW-Brian, since the auto notifier is not working maybe thats why the site is also alittle slower??? Can we get that fixed or is it just mine?

2. CobraB

CobraB Member

I think everyone's been hit by the dreary weather. I'll be installing a transmission this weekend. yippeee (sarcastic) I keep getting pulled to the Aggie football games so weekend time has been slim. I'm going to hit it hard this weekend if anyone is bored :lol:

3. T Jacobs

T Jacobs Member

Larry - yes a great run last week....and.....

I will be leaving the Seabrook area around 8-8:30am Saturday morning to go give support to the Cobras running on TWS with the Ford SVT club.

IF Larry wants to hook up and run the forrest roads I will be heading up 59, if not I'm open game for any path .....

I am going to post on HCC and see who's in, may get Kelly and Pat, Jackie has already said he can not make it....

4. Skuzzy

Skuzzy Member

You guys seem to have all the fun down in your neck of the woods. I mean, race tracks, ripping into transmissions, and all manner of mechanical mayhem.

Whenever I finally get my Cobra, I just might have to move. :)

5. Lakeway Cobra

Lakeway Cobra Member

Too much travel and car is in paint.

6. KellyD

KellyD Member

Yes Tony I am up for the drive to TWS Saturday morning. Just let me know when and where.

7. Prof

Prof Member

The Texas Cobra Club/Dallas area will be meeting at the local BMW dealership in Plano for coffee and "accelerator-induced mayhem" Saturday. (If you have no idea what I am talking about, see the YouTube from the last time the guys got together on Saturday! WOW!)
    Anyway, I finally fixed the brakes on my 67 Shelby and have applied fresh vintage stickers to its sides. I hope to get a pic Sat. alongside JRoss and other LoneStars . . .IF they will allow an old Mustang in their midst.
    Paul
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtkfTIy53mQ

8. Skuzzy

Skuzzy Member

You are concerned about how they will react when you bring an ole Mustang to the party? Uh,..now how do you think they would react to a Mini Cooper? :)

Had an oppertunity to pick up a partially completed kit, for a very good price, and the bank simply was not interested. Soooo, now I gotta save up the entire lump of cash before I can do this. That will be two to three years before that can happen. Makes me sick.

It puts so much on hold. I have sketched up a lot of custom parts for the kit, but without the car as a template, I am stuck.

Oh well, hopefully there will be folks who need build help along the way. That should make the long wait a bit more tolerable.

9. T Jacobs

T Jacobs Member

Kelly - i believe t final plan is to Leave 290 and Spring Cypress at 8am...I will be there at 7:30 (leave my house 6:45 - 7:00 latest....

I think Pat may go, but may be looking for a ride....I will have Jack's gas tank (wrapped in blankets) in my passenger seat......

Give me a call tonight and we will make sure ....

10. T Jacobs

T Jacobs Member

Kelly - i believe t final plan is to Leave 290 and Spring Cypress at 8am...I will be there at 7:30 (leave my house 6:45 - 7:00 latest....

I think Pat may go, but may be looking for a ride....I will have Jack's gas tank (wrapped in blankets) in my passenger seat......

Give me a call tonight and we will make sure ....