1. ATTENTION EXISTING USERS: If this is your first visit to the new forum, you must reset your password. Please go to http://cobrakitcar.net/lost-password to reset your password.

Dismiss Notice

Throttle Cable inner wire

Discussion in 'LS-427' started by Roush #1, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

For those of us that use the Lokar throttle cable, the inner wire is replaceable and available from Lokar.
    The price is $26.95 for the shortest one they sell which is 36" long. This is a must have part for your trunk on extended runs. They are hard to find on the road and easily replaced in a few minutes.
    http://lokar.com/product-pgs/component- ... parts.html

2. Forum still works!
    Thanks Jody, long time ago but what I was looking for. Mine has gotten cut on a few strands so I think I will order two.
    Any hints on how to get Full throttle, mine try's to bind up & end of travel & the pedal bracket starts giving & No I don't have your Great foot box for angle change!

3. Luce

Luce Member

For $20 you can get 100' of 3/32 stainless wire rope and swage your own end on the one end. Then make a necklace for the lady to wear and have it as a backup. I should open a store for hardware store solutoins for cobra parts that are really mcmaster carr parts.

Roush #1 likes this.
  4. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

Wendell, with 600+ horsepower why do you need full throttle. You can pass any of us without pressing to the mat ;-)

5. undy

undy Member

I'm running a 630 HP KC Pond 482" side-oiler and am seriously thinking of installing a (hidden) 300 HP progressive controller NO2 fogger kit to boot. I would want every inch of my throttle cable working at 100%. One can NEVER have too much HP!! You just never know when you'll run across a pesky Hyabusa that is in need of a lesson taught... Oh, I run drag radials so I can hook up too.

6. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

Wow, that sounds like a lot of motor! Maybe you should show up for the Mid America Shelby Nationals in Tulsa to show everyone how fast it is. I hear that is where the fastest Cobras prove their stuff. Rumor has it that in 2010 some 10.50's were run there with a 525 HP small block, normally aspirated, non-nitrous, street driven Cobra with a vacuum secondary carburetor on DOT radials. I also hear that same car is now running 10.0 second quarter miles and has installed a little 50 shot nitrous plate system hoping to get in the nines. Forgot to mention that the 10.0 second car has nearly 50 thousand miles on the engine, and has been driven in more than a dozen states. You should be able to line up a race in Tulsa with that old dog and your 630 HP monster. I know some folks that know how to get in touch with the old dude that owns / drives the car if you are interested in a showdown. I think a race could be arranged.

7. undy

undy Member

Tanks for the offer. I'd probably take you up on it if I wasn't 1300 miles away. Anyway, here's the Cobra's heart...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

Beautiful heart!

9. undy

undy Member

Thanks.